The Pima County Sheriff's Department continually recruits for positions other than Deputy Sheriff and Corrections Officer. Civilian opportunities are varied and include clerical, technical, service/maintenance, and professional positions. Some of these positions require working nights, weekends, and holidays. Civilian personnel play an integral role in dealing with the public and providing support to deputies and corrections officers in law enforcement and community service areas.
All positions with the Pima County Sheriff's Department require satisfactory completion of a background investigation, polygraph, and drug screen. The hiring process is very detailed and may take up to 6-8 weeks to complete.
Please visit the Pima County Human Resources website for a list of available positions. You may also fill out the form in the sidebar to sign up for notifications of civilian positions as they becomes available.
Job Description: Provides support to Pima County law enforcement by validating, processing, entering, retrieving and clearing information from local, state and national computer system files. Assists law enforcement officers by confirming criminal justice information, coordinating extraditions and issuing victim notifications.
(1) A high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certification and two years of experience processing legal documents in a law enforcement, corrections, probation or legal setting.
(2) One year of experience with Pima County as a Records Technician, Public Safety Support Specialist, Public Safety Transcription Technician or Office Support Level IV.
Job Description: Serves as advisor and clinical psychological specialist to the Pima County Sheriff's Department staff at all levels by providing a variety of professional psychological services.
Minimum Qualifications: An earned Ph.D. degree in psychology from an accredited college or university and one year of post-doctoral experience as a consultant to a law enforcement or governmental agency or as a police psychologist.
How to Apply:
Please reference the Job Title and Job number when applying for the interested position.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 18 years of age (at time of hire)
- Be of excellent character
- U.S. Citizen or Alien Work Permit
- Satisfactory completion of a background investigation
- Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
- No marijuana usage within one year of date of hire